Understanding Vosne Romanée with Anne Gros, Episode 4/25
To journey through the mythical appellation of Côte de Nuits, also home of Romanee Conti, we are led by Anne Gros in a tasting of her Vosne Romanee which comes from a micro-plot of only 0.39 ha: a fantastic tasting outdoors with detailed map in hand, in search of the typicities of its ‘Terroirs’ ... It seems that the monks tasted the soils to identify the best parcels ... This is terroir!
Topics covered in this episode:
- Difference between 228 liter Burgundy barrels and 225 liter Bordeaux barrels
- Typicity and influence of oak barrels
- Soil differences. The climate of Burgundy
- Wine tasting courses.
- A woman in the wine world of Burgundy: the end of age-old superstitions?
- The hierarchy of wine appellations in Burgundy
- Difference between Richebourg and Vosne Romanee
- Wine and Food Pairing ... And with cheeses: red or white?